When doing what's hard is best

God pursues us in our restlessness, receives us in our sinfulness, holds us in our brokenness. —Scotty Smith


As every day goes by it seems that the purpose that GOD has for me is disappearing. I have learnt so much over the last year and GOD has constantly tried to get my attention. Life has become so busy and too much in my plate (even though i rarely worked) and suddenly you realize hmmmm I haven't done a good job carrying this baggage with me. Remember when I flew back to INDIA earlier last year not sure what my future held and in my flight I was reading this book travelling Light by " MAx Lucado" it put a perspective in my life as to how easy it would be to leave the carrying to GOD and I just do the walking. I was talking to GOD and thanked him for the opportunity to get an education and the opportunity to be in a different part of the world. Now it seems like I have lost the thankful heart for the same things, life seems very normal and only thing that seemed to matter is my Job.

Over the last month GOD has been speaking through his word, my folks and friends and only one thing stands out. The verse in Isaiah 40:31 which says " But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. And I feel every time that I think about something GOD is telling me, trust me have faith in me and I will do it, but in the mean time just do what I will you to do. Looking back I have had continuous opportunities to do something for GOD and encourage people and I just need to keep doing it.

But what I have realized is waiting and trusting in GOD for something very close to your heart is a real test. For one you know GOD knows what you are thinking and doing, second the deal is very simple giving it 100% percent to GOD and GOD knows that ratio pretty well. Suddenly I realize that this lesson I have never learnt before all that I am going through is very new to me. I know it but really trusting now it has come to a point where trusting GOD is the only only option left it is then that you realize hmmmmm now GOD I have tried but to no avail, lead me through. Hmmmmm this is exactly what I said 13 years ago but it was in a different situation. I had no career no perspective about life and ambitions and looking back GOD has been good. This time around too I am sure HE will lead me through. I mite not have what I have now but it will be worth it all.

Songs that say it for me ...

Taking My Time Album Along the Road, Becker, Ashton & Dente

The world is turnin' Telling me to hurry on
You gotta run to get ahead Try to take the things you want
But when the sun begins to set So many things I haven't done yet

But I won’t worry Cos there’s no hurry
The world’s not passing me by For the Lord he knows
Just where each day goes I know he won’t leave me behind
And I won’t be bringing A single thing
That my heart can’t carry inside
Yes I’m going home & I’m only taking my time

The weight of worry Is never worth the price
Of a world of treasures That can never satisfy
I know heaven’s up ahead Where the best is yet to come

So I won’t worry ….

Being close in a relationship takes time and effort—even when it’s with the Lord.
—Anne Cetas

Comments

Popular Posts