I am pilgrim and I am not alone ! !

Recently I have been having some good conversations with people and it is nice to know that there are people out there who are in the same stage in life just like how I am . Thinking the same way I think, learning to trust in GOD and leave the worries to HIM.

Was talking to one of my friends from France we worked with a mission team together for 2 weeks in Oxford. She was mentioning that out of 12 people in that team almost 7 are thinking about missions and how GOD is raising a generation of people who are willing to leave the confines of society. This is really exciting. I know my time will come and I need to just trust GOD to lead me to his purpose and also for GOD to fulfill other desires in my Life.

I have always wondered what it would be like resting in HIS Peace and I think I am beginning to experience that in my Life. The busyness of Life and the situations around me can really steal that kind of Peace. Sometime it mite even be that I need to quit what I am doing and focus on trusting GOD. Cant believe I said that as this is exactly what i have done last year.. but forgot to focus on trusting on GOD and hmmmm God has been patient in bringing me back to HIM.

This morning we had 2 people come home and said they would like to share something from the word with. My house mate did not realize that they were from Jehovah's witness and so once they came up they started talking. 2 months ago there was anothe rcouple who had come and I think this time it was a different couple but they surely know where they are going. LAst time around after 2 hours of conversation GOD gave me the wisdom to discern between his work and stay put on the scriptures and what I believe. I remember Ravi Zach's words.. "obedience to known truth becomes crucial than the search for the unknown " finally the man went saying we came to convet you and you are trying to convert us, I said with a smile, conviction can come only by the spirit of GOD and not by human words.

So yeah this time around once we started talking with this couple I could see the same pattern of arguments and finally my mate figured this was getting no where.. and we decided to share them the gospel and give a challenge to try what we believe hmmm .. why am I saying this.. it has made me realize more that unless I am rooted in GOD's word my beliefs can easily fluctuate and Satan knows which button to press.

My morning devotion today was on the parable of the seeds.. and I was particularly drawn to the seeds that feel on thorny ground. . .where Jesus says "that seed is like the person who hears the teaching and understands it but lets the worries about this life and the temptation of the wealth stops that teaching from growing" hmm how true can that be you know.. I remember a quote which i wrote in my bible too.. " Faith and fear cannot live together as one will eat the other out"

Everyday I am growing to know more about Christ and his ways and suddenly Life makes every sense Living and I look forward to every new day that comes by. Now to the title .. i listened to this song on radio.. somehow country songs get my attention quickly and it stays in my mind .. just writing down on of the stanzas form the song which made sense to me..

I am a pilgrim
Once settled and sure
Now disillusioned(not really now but was) with what’s gone before
Restless until I can enter your door
And rest in your presence O God.
I am a pilgrim
Will you be my guide
Be my companion and walk by my side
At my journey’s ending with arms open wide
Hold me in your presence O God.
I am a pilgrim

Someone said the only thing that we can take with us is GOD presence in our life's. SO stay encouraged my friend .. His presence is enough to lead us through . .. Until next time.. stay encouraged..

Comments

Popular Posts