Down Memory Lane

It just stuck me today that last year around same time I was getting all ready to fly back home to INDIA.Totally clueless as to what GOD had in store, knew my parents needed me there for a while. Had a few farewell's and had to say good bye to lot of people that I had come to acquaint with during my 4 months in London. I wasn't sure if I would come back to the UK again, not that I did not have the avenues to do so but just the feeling of being unsure.

Well time has flown by and so much has happened over the last one year. I have been in situations that I have never been before, had to say good bye's to friends, relatives, work colleagues, a good Christian band, comfort of home,mum's bed coffee, dad's gently nudges, my uncle's smiles, my aunty's diplomatic advices hmmmmm ..on the other side I have been able to see GOD's presence in my life though things did not go the way I planned it to be,,, learned so many things.. this evening I was cutting onions for the chicken curry and even as I was cutting I was able to see the different layers of the peels.. and for a second thought about how GOD prepares us and teaches us different things, just like how in the onion the inner layers are more fragile and soft than the outer ones, our life's also have areas that are very sensitive and areas that are very hard.. like for instance to really forgive someone who has broken your trust in a sensitive area but GOD teaches you how to do it, then the thick layers where we get angry at people and that takes time to change..

One of my best loved song writer is a man called Andrea Crouch, I was able to see who he was and how he looks like only after 5 years of singing his songs..songs like "to GOD be the glory" "Jesus is the answer" . . . thanks to technology and websites like youtube nowadays you can watch classic recordings which people have in some remote corner of the world.GOD willing I will be able to play the piano like him one day... One of his songs called "through it all " is a very special one to me.. .. remember in 2004 I was going through a tough time personally and was wondering why am I going through this. Then realized through all the tough times one thing stands out you learn to trust in GOD. When GOD sees that we put all our trust in HIM I think it makes him very happy and it sure must feel nice. When my parents started trusting me with my decisions I felt very proud and happy.I had this feeling that I have already made it in life. This is the link to the song will try and add the video in my blog itself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvIxwc90BEI

I would have never imagined to see this video years ago, especially a live performance in a BillyGraham crusade. Remember when these crusades happened in America we had it telecasted(not live) in many parts of INDIA and my mum used to help with a mission agency who were transmitting this. TV's were not a common thing, we always assembled in one place where someone would have a TV or they would organize a big screen and around 50 of us will sit around it to watch it. For me then it was a time where I can sleep on my mum's lap while she was watching it and then also a time when I did not have to think about homework or tests. 2008 has been a very eventful year so far in many ways. Looking back Life has been good, GOD has been at his best as always, knowing exactly when I need what and giving me that.

As days go by and I am able to understand what it is to be a Christian, what it is to experience Christ but more than anything I am able to trust him to lead me through. Finally a few lines that I heard years ago about trusting GOD.

FACING GIANTS IS AN INTIMIDATING EXPERIENCE!
DOING BATTLE IS A LONELY EXPERIENCE!
TRUSTING GOD IS A STABILIZING EXPERIENCE!

for those who have traveled the path I have, you will understand how trusting GOD can be a stabilizing experience ..because at every curve or difficulty you think you are loosing your balance and hold in Life and the trust in GOD stabilizes the situations. Was talking to one of my GOOD friends about trusting GOD and she mentioned about how in her life trusting in GOD has also brought back hope, happiness and a sense of assurance that things are gonna brighten up. As I mentioned in one of the earlier posts with GOD trusting him is 100% and he knows the ratio pretty well.

Comments

Popular Posts