Loosing the BASICS

I have pondered about writing this one for a whole day now. but thought it was a good one to write to as much as it is hard.

After coming to Cardiff I had wanted to do some regular sports activity. And since I had played hockey quite a bit in my early teen years and since I was good with the basics I thought it will be a good time to start again. The last time I held a hockey stick and went to play was in sept 1996. It was for my college and since I had already played a high level of hockey I was in the college team straight away. That year our college team was not a strong one too so we had to really practise and pull our socks up. I still think about the time when I scored the first ever goal for my college and we had won our first match. The local papers carried out the report my picture was in the news paper and it was a fabulous feeling. After that I had not touched my stick nor entered a playground to play hockey. So all these years I had lived with that feeling of a sense of higher achievement.

And so I thought why not try the local club here and finally landed to practise in the local club here. So I went to play Hockey and by the end of the evening I realised I had lost my touch. I could not stop a ball even once nor could I get past few defenders, nor could I do a pass. But the worst of it all was that I had forgotten the basics, basic rules that make you a big player. Even as I was practising I realised that things were not the same as it used to be. It was not the nicest of feeling. I have very few regrets with regards to the life that I had lived but giving up playing hockey will be on the top. It was a hard night to come home with and have a different to live with the rest of my life. I liked to stay with the nice feeling that I used to be good at it but not anymore.

Well even as I was pondering it within my self and also trying to accept the fact that I am nor more the hockey player I used to be I suddenly got to thinking it is the same even with Christian living. If I forget to get the basics right then Life will not be the same anymore. Simple things like spending time with GOD in prayer and reading HIS word everyday which is needed to have a healthy spiritual life will cease. Finally one day I will end up realising I had lost it, lost the connection with GOD. But thanks be to GOD that with his relationship all that we do is to just acknowledge and ask him forgiveness and start again from where we left. Unlike with the game of hockey it is hard to be how you used to be.

Well I am still trying to get in touch with reality with this one but boy it has been a hard few days trying to accept the truth. Until next time .. stay Blessed.

Comments

Popular Posts