staying focussed even when u dont feel like it

Recently I was asked if I could help out with the guitar for an Indian evening. This was meant to be as part of the INDIAN Independence day and it was organised in a church by the church people. It was also used as an opportunity to reach out to non Christians. When I was called to play I thought they had no one else to help with the music so will go and do it also I was told it was a small group of christians getting together.

Once I reached there me and another friend of mine who was playing the keyboard we realised that most of the songs we did not know. We did not even know who was going to sing or lead . .Also all the songs were in a language that we did not know and the people who were singing were not people who regularly sing and lead. And the expected crowd was 400 hmmmm . . well after all these surprises we had an hour to go through the songs write the chords co-ordinate it with the singing team which had around 10 people. Talk about instant preparation.. this one was fast music . . .

But the only thing that triggered me was the guy who was leading the singing, actually 2 people were wanting to do it and it was almost like an hidden battle for the mike . . and as one person made sure he lead the worship what he did not understand was he was not a one man team. .he had a team behind him and musicians playing the music . Every song went from bad to worse even as he would sing in his own tone and in his own speed start off with one note move to another and slow the pace and suddenly race .. to top it all we did not have a drummer . . In a moment I thought well thats it .. if he does not listen to the music and sing in coordination with the team this is gonna be a big mess.. in my mind I was thinking GOD I cant get embarrassed before 400 people .. playing the guitar . . and in my mind I was battling whether to call him aside and tell him strongly, I did that on stage even as were singing but it was more like a hmm u know can u sing like this or can u slow here etc….

But that’s when it stuck me hard and I realised what would Jesus do.. will he tow him off or let him do the way he wants to or what. . .i figured that I will not tell the person leading any more but will just pray and leave it after all the music we were gonna make were not for the audience it was a worship towards GOD and he understands. .and I just prayed about it and kept quiet..

Finally when we were on stage I had to leave all my negative thoughts and just focus on doing what I was called to do.. out of no where we had a drummer arrive and play for us he did a good job to an extent and the singing was not Ok but I was able to worship GOD even as I played..

Guess sometimes(hahah almost always) GOD just wants us to do our part and leave the result to him. As a musician one of the hardest thing to do is to play alongside people who do not listen nor are willing to play along… especially when we are on stage glorifying GOD and leading people into worshipping him.. the only thing that devil will want to do quite often is to break the UNITY.. because once that is done then no matter how hard we praise and worship it would not have come from a sense of truth and united spirit..

well.. Life has been going on pretty fast of late.. and the future is looking very good.. it is more a matter of staying where I am and letting GOD guide.. in his own pace.. there are lot of things that I desire and miss but father knows best . .

Until next time stay blessed. . . Jer 33:3

Comments

Popular Posts