Seasons of Life :-)

“Seasons change, friends move away, and life goes on from day to day. Flowers fade and streams go dry and many times we wonder why. Yet we can always be assured because God tells us in His Word, that unlike changes in the weather, his love goes on and does not change” anon

Of late I have been thinking a lot about the seasons of life. Every year we know is compiled of four seasons, spring, summer, fall and winter. There are times I wished I knew that life also had a sequence of seasons, so that you know whats coming next and look forward to it.Unfortunately there aint any sequence of seasons sometimes joy comes after sadness but sometimes there is no season of happiness and there are times when life seems to be on hold and times when it does not make any sense.

One of the thoughts that constantly kept coming to my mind before it made any sense was, this year the trees have been waiting long enough for the spring to come. And it is a nice feeling to see the new leaves and see the trees spring out with life. But this time around we have had snow , hail storms, heavy rains and absolutely no sunshine ( I mean proper sunshine) and the tress I think were very confused with the seasons. Imagine a tree that has stood the test of time for hmm maybe 20 years and still not sure as to when exactly spring springs up.

Isnt that interesting that sometimes we are also so tuned to a way of life, like in my country in INDIA, you start with school (12 years) then under graduation (3 or 4 years) then post graduation (2 yrs) then find a job , then car and it goes on. Most percentage of young people think that is the way of life and then suddenly you seem to be caught in a warp when things don't go that way for you.

But being a Christian myself I have begun to understand that GOD takes us through various seasons in life to refine us, to mold us to strengthen us and to perfect us. I was reading this vers from I pet 5:7 which talks about god perfecting, establishing, strengthening and finally placing us in a firm foundation. To do this he takes us through times of learning. Beauty is he also walks with us during that training it is not like the time when you are left out in the cold and asked to finish a task ..it is more like he walks with us and takes us through that training.Thats the time when trusting in GOD becomes a way of life rather than just the times when we are down.

It is sometimes hard to go through that training, especially when there are people who are already out there and you wonder lord cant this wait, for this moment cant you give me these things and then train me you know.. I will be a better prepared for the training , but the truth is that GOD does not want to depend on our own strength for the training he wants us to focus on him and let him train us .. as psalmist says .in psalms 66:10 For You have tried us, O God; You have refined us as silver is refined. . . all of us need to go through that refining part only then will we be able to reflect his glory.

What a day that will be when my Jesus I shall see,
And I look upon His face,
The One who saved me by His grace;
When He takes me by the hand
And leads me through the Promised Land,
What a day, glorious day that will be.

There'll be no sorrow there, no more burdens to bear,
No more sickness, no pain, no more parting over there;
And forever I will be with the One who died for me,
What a day, glorious day that will be.

Comments

Popular Posts