I know where I am going !

This month I was invited for an interview all the way to the border of wales. This was for the welsh fire personnel and they wanted a pensions officer who could also develop policies. So I was called in short notice like 1 day to plan and I clarified with them about my profile etc and made sure they wanted to see me. Finally I reach that place after few hours by coach then few hours by train then 30 mins by local bus and finally got to know that the BUSINESS Park I had to go had no buses going to that place from the little town that I landed and getting a taxi was not an easy thing. Asked a passerby lady the route to the park and she gave me a sheepish grin and asked me" you are not planning to walk are you ? " I was like yes mam I am going to, how far is it anyway , she reluctantly told me about 4- 5 miles it was actually 3(5 kms). Ah very good I thought it was almost like a triathlon with a twist ..

The interview went well except for one question that I did not have an answer too, and came back only for the people to call back and let me know that , they are re advertising and that they had got the requirement totally wrong.. how sad can that be especially in the UK , where people think organizations has the best of the best practices. And they could not get a requirement right and actually found out after interviewing 12 people for the post they thought they wanted. . .Well I said thank you very much hope you get what you want.

After that one day I was preparing to lead worship and this incident came to me you know.. the day when I get to meet Jesus face to face he is not going to say sorry boy I got the requirement wrong, he knows exactly what he wants and it is our duty to fit into his will. He has spent long enough to make sure we understand that calling of his, scripture says, even our hairs in our heads are numbered and he knows it, not two people are alike and I am unique.. but one thing that can go wrong is I can reach that point and find out I have got it all wrong, see the blue print he had and look back and see ah how I missed it all because I was so selfish and thought I knew to handle it.

Sometimes getting involved in Christian activities can also end up that way. God is a god who looks into our hearts, it is not the activity that matters to him it is the people and their hearts who are involved. Now a days I get to play in worship sessions with different musicians a lot and get this feeling that somehow people think that by doing a fast song we can get people to worship, if we sing a slow song people will sleep.. and we need the music to keep us at that point of worship.. and thats when I get reminded of the scripture that says, not by power not by might but by my spirit sayeth the lord. It is only the spirit of GOD that convicts not the song fast or slow does not matter, jumping or not jumping , clapping or no clapping, nothing matters but the attitude of the heart and how much one is able to worship GOD in truth and in spirit . . . GOD is seeking for those..

God took me all the way to wales to just teach me the fact that when I meet him face to face his blueprint for my life will be perfect and I hope to align myself to that blueprint in the months and years to come so when that day comes my father will say well done my good and faithful servant. Oh what a day that will be :-) . . .

Comments

Popular Posts