God's Speaks thru silence !

Well been some days now since I wrote a few lines.. Was just telling a friend of mine as to how the thought of writing down something makes me feel lazy... I have never ever enjoyed writing exams.. if i had to speak for 3 hrs on a topic or make a presentation on what i had learn t i wud gladly do but writing an exam for 3 hrss hmmm oooo(GOD help me) . . My mom has enough memories of me not writing a full exam though I had studied for it.. all that I wanted was a pass so once i got confident during my exam i had written enough to get a pass I wud quietly walk out come home and say all answers to my mom and lie to her saying that i wrote everything..

well . . I have always believed GOD speaks thru silence.. today was a very depressing day in the sense it was raining all day, the climate was very sober, none of my friends were online, had no work at home also to do basically i was job(s) less.. and i ended up spending a whole day jus sitting before my laptop and doing nothing.. I wanted to read a book I culdnt get around to do it, I wanted to work on a case study and keep my brains busy but didint end up doing it, wanted to sit and reflect on my learnings in my MBA didint end up doing it.. one of those verses where Paul says(in a diff not) what i want to do i dont do and what i dont want to do I end up doing . . .and not a minute did I think abt praying or singing songs . .

little did I realise that GOD was talking to me in his silence.. last friday I had called home to talk to my folks..actually they called to check how I was doing and I called them back.. and normally with my MUM(over the last few years) I try not to snap when she irritates me or goes thru her motherly concerns for her son,,, but this time she was asking something out of a MOM's concern for her son and I jus snapped yelling a few words of anger..and this is exactly what happened. . . I ended up doing what I didnt want to do...

truth was GOD showed me how stressed i was..though I didint show it out.. my frequent headaches(dnt tell my mom) over the weeks etc I knew I was stressing myself but with what . . well I realised I had been stressing myself thinking about my Future and my ambitions..though I didnt profess with my mouth my thoughts were in that direction . .how easy it is to trust in GOD and still in our thoughts try to steer our life and get worked up . . well at the end of the day it sure helped me to submit my career, my ambitions and my future in his hands and be obedient to his words "cast all your cares upon him for HE cares for you . . if i had done that before, my mum wud not have been at the receiving end of my anger . .

Well for ppl who are reading this.. next time u feel u r doing things u dont want/like to do ..jus pause to think what GOD's trying to show/teach you/me about yourself(myself) . . .


Finally remembering the scripture where it says " No eye has ever seen no ear has ever heard no mind has ever conceived what GOD has in store for those who love him" well makes me wonder and look forward to what GOD has got in store for my life . .

Cheers !

Comments

Sujatha said…
hey thats amasing!!

Isn't it so true that we just cannot fathom How God works?

Truly..Jasper...God has a real amassssssssssssiiiiiiiiingggggggg plan for you....why has He blessed you with so many talents????......take these days as a time of preparation and spend more time in His presence.

You will have nomore headache's and you can throw your TB(I know u'll get this)in the bin ;)
Anonymous said…
just dropping by to say 'hi'!
Yes, He speaks through silence, that's why we call it 'a quiet time' when we read the Bible, don't we?
;+)

Popular Posts