New Word Alive 2009 reflections

Just came back from attending New Word Alive in Pwllheli, North Wales. It was an enriching experience in many ways. There were times when sitting out there listening to the scriptures and feel God’s comfort and get reconfirmed with my own commitment. There were times when the scripture was so very clear that it made me wonder why me Lord. I am not worthy of anything that comes my way. My mum always advised me on one thing, when I left home this year she said “ Son stay faithful to God” she knew where my struggles were and looking back I know how unfaithful I have been , how much I have resisted to HIS call on my life.

I remember hearing this sometime back “ In dying you live and in surrendering you win” it chilled me to my bones. Only when I surrender my self to Christ can I win souls for Christ. Surrendering is not an easy thing especially with a God who sees our hearts. You cannot fake it , you cannot hide it, you just got to do it. I was thinking the whole week, we are 2000 students here all highly passionate in worshipping and knowing Christ. What would be the impact if all of us left the place with only one thing in mind “that people may know HIM” . But sadly chances are we are distracted to miss out on the vision and focus and move on to live a mediocre life. I have been there myself if not for the Grace of God my life would have been on a fast lane totally ignorant of what God had planned for me. It is not easy either in the span of 6 days I saw myself getting distracted so very often and mostly thinking Lord why does it have to be this way. Can I not be in one place and do what you have called me to do why do I have to move elsewhere. And that’s when God is his own way reminded me which way do you want it to be son your way or my way.

I remember listening to Ravi Zacharias say “ is it possible to live surrounded by truth without ever applying it in your own life is it is possible to attend missionary conferences every year when they are there and never feel a call for missions is it is possible to listen to an evangelistic sermon a thousand times over and never be evangelised in your own heart, is it is possible to hear sermons on holiness and faithfulness and giving and commitment without it making any difference in our life’s” is it possible. It is highly possible when I try to live the Christian life my way not surrendering my self to Christ.

I still have 3 more months here in Cardiff and surrendering myself is a conscious everyday thing. As each day seems to pass by I know the time is nearing when I got to pack up and leave again fully trusting God for all comfort and support. Everything I hold dear fades away into the distance even as I try to contemplate the move. Remember singing the old hymn sometime back called trust and obey. It was soothening to sing the 4th verse

But we never can prove the delights of His love
Until all on the altar we lay;
For the favour He shows, for the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.

God’s love is demanding of all our self , it makes us do what we got to do, it makes us give up what we got to give up. love so amazing, so divine, demands my soul, my life, my all. It has been a good time at NWA reflecting on the past and committing the future into HIS hands. Resisting all temptation to put confidence in my flesh and resisting all temptation to have it my way. Committing all distractions at the altar and asking strength to move and stay faithful to what he has called me to do. It sure is a struggle but one that is worth it.

Comments

Popular Posts