When GOD smiled ;-)

Think it was in the month of November one of my friends shared this in our study group. One rainy day when he was also late to work he realized half way through that he had lost his purse. When you are on a tube in London in the peak hours chances are even if you let it down for a second it will be hard to find it.

He said he literally panicked for a while went all the way back home tried to take the same route back to work, and towards the end he said a small prayer asking GOD to take control of the situation and funny enough(as another friend always says) his wallet was inside his umbrella he was carrying all along.

Now comes the meeting point, the moment he realized that and he looked out he saw the bright clouds and imagined GOD smiling at him. All that he had to do was ask and rest in his assurance and not worry. He went on to say how most of he times in our lifes GOD is just looking down and smiling you know thinking , my son you are trying too hard. I have made it so easy for you for his scripture says " Cast all your care upon Him for He cares for you. (1 Peter 5: 7)".

Think at this moment in my life I am longing to hear and see what GOD is thinking about me, have I carried all my burdens even though I knew the truth.

When I think of the situations that trouble me I still don't have the answer, but I know the One who does, and I am going to spend today meditating on Psalm 91 especially verses 1 & 2 which say, "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the LORD, 'My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.'"

I am sure the troubling situation would come back to mind and I would begin to feel anxious, but I also need to remember that as soon as I look to the Lord and remind myself to trust in Him.

Comments

Popular Posts