On marriages and becoming one

Last few weeks I have had to go to atleast 7 weddings and a few engagements. Today was the last wedding I attended, it was my best friends sisters wedding. I liked what was spoken during the reception which clearly hit the point on why so many marriages just dont last.

" Marriage is when two people become one - Brilliant, but question is which one " many a times I have heard people talk about their spouses as to how much he or she should change or behave with the idea that the other person should change to become him or her so that they can become one. Someone once told me never enter a relationship thinking that you can change the other person , you will end up doing it for a life time and still not suceed instead keep the mirror in front and see where do you need to change.

I have been bombarded with questions as to why I have not said yes to marriage(as though it is solely dependent on me saying yes). People ask about your life what you are doing and they are happy then slowly they move a bit deeper and ask so when you come down will you start off where you left - then so will that be a nice good job - it will be wont it.. by which time I am slowly changing my body language and trying to move the conversation away . .

Survived these 4 weeks here and looking forward to go to Cardiff for some peace and quiet away from all the so called life defining questions.

God has been good through it all. I have not really lost my temper with any of my uncles. Though one I was almost there but I was able to be diplomatic. But BOY what a world some people think they live in . .


well I better be careful here otherwise what Socrates said might become true. .

"My advice to you is to get married. If you find a good wife, you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher"

Comments

Jasper!!!What are you up to??? Just kidding. Nice post especially the quote that you shared from the reception. Couldn't be more true. When are you getting back to the UK? Take care.

Brainerd & Esther

p.s Your tag questions sounds very British, "don't they"? :)

Popular Posts