Feeling at home

When was the last time you felt at home in the lord's presence. I sometimes think about my time at home in INDIA. I would go home late after practice or meeting up with friends and there will always be food on the table. I can remove my shoes anywhere, go ot bed without changing, have a mug of coffee thats not finished right beside my bed and etc.. the point is I don't think twice when I am at home. It is almost like everything gonna be ok, of course mum will have her share of complaints and dad his but nothing will change the fact that it is my home and I am their son.I don't go home wondering will there be food, or can I do this etc.

When we were studying through Psalms 23 in a prayer retreat. This was what stuck me, David felt at home in the lord's presence. The last verse says I will live in the house of the lord for ever. There is no question or doubt that he will not when the time comes. That drove in me a very important thought "When was the last time I felt at home in the Lord's presence" the feeling that engulfs your heart and mind with peace. That nothing is gonna change and GOD is and will be loving and faithful. Last few months I have gone on my knees praying fully loaded with thoughts and even after praying I would be thinking about them.

The beauty about David's life was once he committed something into GOD's hands he never went back to take it. When he asked GOD to lead him he did not take lead he waited for GOD to lead. Every time he went to GOD trusting in GOD's righteousness and not in his wisdom. Very few times do we see David trusting in his human wisdom and in himself which actually took him in the wrong path.

Points that I have noted down.

1. What kind of a life should I lead which would make GOD look at me and say a man after his own heart ?
2. How in my daily life can I also practice the art of committing things into GOD's hands and not have to worry about it ?
3. In order to feel at home in the Lord's presence, what is that I need to remind myself of ?


Seven years ago I did not have a Job but then I also did not have a proper degree to find a Job. The one that I was doing I failed to finish it within the stipulated time. But then two years went by, by the time I finished and cleared all my arrears. then I did my Masters, GOD's grace got a Job even before I finished my Masters, then changed Jobs, gained some amazing learning and experience, thought about what next, thought about an Internationally accredited Masters, came to the UK to do my MBA went back to INDIA found a good job then now back to the UK and seven months have gone without me having a Job. After all the seven months one thing that I have been able to imbibe in my heart is, the GOD who lead me when I did not have an education and a Job is the same GOD who will lead me when I have this amazing education and no Job. It is easy to sit back and feel everything is gonna be ok.

Comments

Popular Posts